Thursday, April 26, 2012

...the simple gifts...


I woke up early on Saturday morning and decided go for a bike ride.
It was such a beautiful morning. The light was gorgeous, the temperature was perfect and the scenery was simply beautiful~
I stopped to take a photo (with my phone) of these beautiful horses enjoying the sunshine and it made me think... that aside from fitness and health, there are so many simple gifts I give myself now that I have joined the world of being active ~

...A view of horses in the sun...
...The sound of frogs croaking so loudly as I ride past...
...60 minutes of solitude to think and ponder life...
...Watching beautiful black birds with bright red on their heads as they soar through the air...
...Being able to peel off the layers of excuses that use to weigh me down and now loving every minute of a run or a bike ride...
...Appreciating life...
...Feeling proud and strong...
...Being thankful for the health and ability to do the things I love...

...the simple gifts...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful post Tiffany...
    You are such an inspiration.
    I am also trying to be more purposefully grateful. (I am currently reading "Simple Abundance" which is a wonderful reminder too.)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to my walking/running schedule. It's so hard to find the time, but I just need to make the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're loving the bike, and that you feel the same as I do about riding - not only is it exercise, but it's also therapy. That's how I feel when I ride up City Creek - it's a great chance to escape and to focus on how many beautiful things surround us! Would love to do a ride with you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete