Saturday, January 1, 2011

Treasures....

Thanks to goodreads.com I have some amazing book recommendations and reviews from my beautiful mom~
About a week and a half ago I started "The Samurai's Garden" recommended by my mom~

Rena's review...

"Gail Tsukiyama is a wonderful writer. All of her books that I have read, "Women of the Silk", "Samurai's Garden",and "Dreaming Water" are exceptional. I look forward to reading more of her books."

My review...

"What a beautiful book. It is such a wonderful story. I love the way it is written ~ I love the scenery that she describes and makes you feel as though you are right there. I highly recommend this book, and I cannot wait to read more of her books."
Reading late last night, I came across this and I simply loved the message that it gave.
"Fortunately-or unfortunately-we human beings have much longer lives. And that makes for many more complications. But in the end, Stephan-san, you can only look back, hoping that everything that happens in your life is for a purpose. Whether you see Keiko-san or not anymore wont take away from your having known her. If she is important, she will stay with you."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely keep an eye out for it :)

    ReplyDelete