Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Running....


Over the past year I have had a very strong desire to run for some reason, but I have never been a runner or at least, I have never thought of myself as one, until now...
I have a long way to go.
My best friend and I decided about a week ago that we wanted to start running together, to train for a 5k. We each got the Couch to 5 K app for our iphones and started running last Sunday. We run on our own treadmills at home or we meet and run if time and weather permits.
We decided to just sign up for a 5 k, even though we will only be in week 3 of the program. We actually ended up signing up for two!
The first one will be next Saturday and the 2nd one will be the Saturday after that. I am really looking forward to running along side such an amazing friend!
I'll try to get a photo or two during our 5k's!

2 comments:

  1. I was never a runner. Until one day when 'speed walking' on the treadmill, I decided to try and RUN, for one minute. Then five minutes. Then ten minutes. Pretty soon I was running 30+ minutes at a decent speed. For me, it was more about the mind than the body. It was a test to see how far I could go without giving up, or giving in. I felt personal achievement. Soon after I was diagnosed with scoliosis, and haven't been back to running since (this was in 2005). Strangely, with everything that is going on in my life, I have the urge to run again. Maybe I will.

    And I WILL be calling you soon. Look for a 623 number. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck! I did my first walk for Diabetes with my best friend a couple of months ago! Next year we're signing up for the run...so I better get training ;) x

    ReplyDelete