Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Soba noodle yumminess! :)

I went for a walk with my friend Rachelle last week and she cooked us dinner after. It was amazing!
I got the recipe the next day and tried it myself on Saturday ~
It is so delicious!
I am not sure who to credit the recipe to but thought I would share it!
Thank Rachelle, for introducing me to such a yummy and easy meal~

Soba Noodles with honey jalapeƱo chicken-

Ingredients


12 ounces soba noodles
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped scallions, green part only
1 Red pepper
1 cup snow peas (or other green veggie)
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, minced

Directions

Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a blender or food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet add chopped red pepper and snow peas, cook until tender. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.

In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce,sesame oil, scallions, and pickled ginger. Toss and then transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken, veggies, and sauce over noodles.

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a pasta dish I make that is my Aunt's recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delish and I love soba. We would always have what we called cold noodles and you can make it with soba or ramen noodles. It's just a dressing type thing you can put on the noodles and it's especially good during the summer when you don't want to cook or eat something hot. Makes me want to make some soba. YUM!

    ReplyDelete