Monday, October 3, 2011

Hand update...


Here is my hand update~ Then I'm moving on and posting good things again for a while! I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself~Last week was rough though and I have to allow myself that too...
So last week I went to my follow up Dr appointment, they were concerned that maybe the tendon repair had ruptured since my finger is not responding quite right. He sent me for an ultrasound on my finger and luckily the tendon appears in tact! Yay ~So what they are thinking now is that the scar tissue has adhered and it is preventing the tendon from working, so we are bumping up the physical therapy for the next few weeks. And keeping fingers crossed that the scar tissue will give a bit where it is stuck! Apparently I scar like a champion~ Who knew! :)
(Otherwise they may have to do another surgery to remove it, I'm hoping that will not have to happen).
This Wednesday I will get my splint off. I will still have a weak hand and a finger that does not work but it will be nice to be able to wash my hand at least, and shower without a trash bag!
Thank you for all of your kind thoughts~ It helps me so much~!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you poor dear! I'm so sorry! Praying for a quick recovery and that things are back to normal soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! It will be awesome when you can shower without the bag on your hand. I know how that goes and it stinks and I didn't even have to do it for that long. I'm crossing my fingers and praying for you. Also I think it's ok to experience feeling sorry for yourself and being sad. It's part of being human and makes you appreciate the happy times and good things so much more. You're awesome and you'll make it through this. I hope the recovery goes well for you. Oh and on the up side if nothing else you still take amazing pictures. I love your eye for things. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us (who love you) updated. Such a traumatic event that has affected your whole life, it's completely normal to have ups and downs, and to acknowledge them and then let them go. Healing isn't necessarily a quick business, both physically and emotionally. But the lessons we learn during that healing process, and the more we learn about ourselves makes the big picture a little clearer. Sending you positive thoughts and as always, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hand is looking better each time you show us pix. I'm so glad it wasn't ruptured. I hope the scar tissue will cooperate without any surgery! I bet it just takes time and a lot of PT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your fall decor and your hand is looking a lot better. I hope bumping up physical therapy will help get that scar tissue away from the tendon so that you won't have to go through surgery.

    ReplyDelete