Friday, June 24, 2011

Europe...

I have been trying to find the words to explain this trip~ To explain what it meant to me. The words that continuously come to mind are "the trip of a lifetime", but I don't want to think of it like that because I want to travel more and have amazing experiences like this and see more of this incredible world we live in.
So I want to say instead that it was the "exactly the trip I needed in this one small chapter of my life"

The death of my mom was the most devastating thing I could have imagined in my life~ The nearly two years that have followed have not been easy to say the least.
There have been life changes, loss, more loss.
Uncertainty in many things.
Confusion on how to move forward in my life...
Without her...
This trip came up somehow, like a gift from her~
I think she knew how much I needed it.
How much I needed to know that I would be ok.
How much I needed to believe in myself again.
How much I needed to find forgiveness, from myself.

My first stop was Cambridge, England~
I was with my brother and my niece in England. Here are some pictures of the beauty of Cambridge.
More posts to come.






3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are wonderful. I am glad you got to visit Cambridge. It is really quite lovely and most Americans tend put all their focus to London. If you ever go back to England you need to visit City of Bath in England. You will see that the scenery will change quite a bit. I cannot wait to see more of this trip. I sure wish I had the time to do some more travelling. One day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy these pics because it brings back memories of my trip to Europe. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing experience! Love these pictures! Can't wait to see and hear more about it!!

    ReplyDelete