Friday, April 22, 2011

We did it!

What an incredible experience!!
13.1 Miles~
I think this has to be one of the best experiences of my life~
And by far one of my top accomplishments!
It has only been 5 and a half months since we decided to start running to train for a 5k~
We pushed the limits we had set upon ourselves ~ and we did it.
I don't think I had ever run for more than 3 minutes in my life before this journey began!
I suppose that we are what limits us, we are who decides what we can or cannot do~ I have a long way to go in learning these lessons but this was a huge first step!
I am very proud of both of us!
Here are some photos for the day~
(they are not glamor shots by any means) :)
(And yes, there were tears, even before I hit the finish line):)
It started to lightly rain just as we were near the finish line and it made me think that it was my mom looking down on us and crying, letting me know she was proud!
It made my entire day!! I would not have been able to do this without the strength she shares with me every day!





My amazing friend Becky came down to watch us finish~ She brought us each one beer because it is suppose to replenish the things you burn on your run~ it was so awesome to have her there to cheer us on, along with Heathers husband Travis and their daughter Maquel!!

My other amazing friends Andy and Jason put this on my front door! When I came home it was waiting for me! :)
I am surrounded by wonderful people!

8 comments:

  1. Ive been waiting to hear :) CONGRATULATIONS to the pair of you ~ you go girl!!!!!
    love & Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Congratulations and I love the pictures! I have also been waiting to hear and congrats once again I am glad you were able to share this experience with your friend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEARS! I have tears over here! I am so proud! My heart is full for you! What an amazing accomplishment! It's amazing, the strength we find!!! Huge hugs my friend! You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What a great achievement! :)
    and so lovely to have such wonderful friends there to support you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on this! I'm so proud of you...this makes me want to run, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ekkk!! that is so awesome! congrats tiff. i am so proud of you and all your hard work. i wish i could give you a giant hug and high five right now!

    ReplyDelete