Friday, April 8, 2011

Hope for the flowers...

And for the rest of us!!
Spring is trying to shine upon us~ Glimpses of hope break through the cloudy, stormy, snowy days~ It is just around the corner, I know it....
When I was about 7 or 8 years old my mom took me to see a play "Hope for the Flowers" ~ I remember sitting on the floor in the very front of the theater. I imagine she bought this book that night.
I have it now and have read it a few times over the past few months. What a precious gift to have after all these years. My mom continues to give to me in silent ways every single day. I am so very grateful that I had her as my mother. She was the most amazing person on earth.

3 comments:

  1. Thats wonderful, great that you can remember with a smile rather than tears :-)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonderful words you use to describe your mom. I hope my daughter can do the same for me when I pass on. I was reading some of your older posts and I was just in tears because I love that you have wonderful memories what a great way to honor her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this book when I was in my early 20's and loved it. What a wonderful memory you have connected to it. Books are so powerful.

    ReplyDelete