Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paris...

I left my brother and my niece in Cambridge and headed off to Paris, with tears in my eyes~
Heading into the unknown~ Alone and uncertain. That time was difficult for me, harder than I had expected it would be. I wandered to the train station with my rolling suitcase in hand and fear in my heart.
I took the train from London to Paris~
The first night was hard~ I walked around to try and get familiar with where I was staying. I went out to eat and ordered something not so tasty because I could not read the menu and no one there spoke English~
I headed in early and wrote in my journal,and read my book.
It is already lonely in a new city by yourself, but speaking a different language made me feel even more isolated that first night. The rest of the trip I was able to meet a lot of people that spoke English so that helped! :)
The next day I headed out to see my moms favorite museum, Musee d'Orsay ~ It was incredible.
Then I headed to the Eiffel Tower and when I came up out of the metro~ I saw it...
My Iron angel~
From that moment on, I knew I was exactly where I needed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment