Friday, November 15, 2013

Not every day is a sunny day...

Sometimes there are dark days. I do not know where they come from or why they are so overpowering. Mind over matter doesn't always work. I can't quite figure out if it has to do with time change or weather change or just simply life...I don't like not knowing the answers to the sadness. Overall I consider myself a happy person but sometimes there is a darkness that clouds my heart and mind. I just want to curl up in my bed and not get out. I know it is part of life for most of us, but it doesn't make it any easier, does it?
One of my closest friends, Rachelle, sent me this article for natural remedies to help combat depression. They are great tips. I think I need to take them one at a time one day at a time and hopefully break through the darkness.
I thought I would share the link in case you might need an idea or two.
10 ways to help combat depression...

1. Be kind to yourself.
2. Get enough Vitamin D.
3. Eat good food.
4. Sleep (If only that were an easy task).
5. Explore holistic treatments and supplements.
6. Meditate.
7. Lean on your friends.
8. Ask for help.
9. Avoid drinking and Drugs
10. Move your body.

Any remedies you'd like to share?

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to battle that feeling. It can be so consuming. I have to consciously make and effort to push through those feelings. I rely on prayer and an exercise my grief consoler taught me that applies to many things besides grief. You list every thing that has made you sad, mad, and then glad. With each section, always ask yourself "is there one more thing" That way your voicing the parts that bother you and getting a visual of what make you happy. And the happy usually far outweighs the hard. Music helps too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good ideas. I also like to read the Psalms. David (who wrote most of the Psalms) had a lot of dark days because he was being chased by King Saul and also because one of his sons died when he was very young. On some days, my heart resonates with David, the Psalmist. Hoping you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete