Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19...


I so often wonder how it has already been 2 years since I have seen her face, heard her voice, touched her soft skin. My heart aches with such a huge void.
Her presence is felt so often, but I still miss her as much today as I did the very first moment she was gone.
I wish I could hold her hand just one more time and tell her that I love her.
There are so few words that can properly express what it is like not to have her here anymore. To know that she is gone.
Does your mind ever really accept it, does your heart ever really know it? I think somehow we don't fully understand the reality of such a devastating loss. I think our hearts would never fully recover. It may not...

Somehow she continues to give us so many gifts~
Her final resting place is a gift of beauty and peace for my family and I to enjoy. A place to spend time together, alone, or share with special friends...
She gave us so many gifts in her life and continues to do so now that she is gone.
She gave us the special place we can go to be close to her.
To enjoy the beauty of this incredible world we live in.
To be surrounded by mountains...
a lake...
giant rocks perfect for picnics...
amazing wild flowers...
indescribable beauty...
Where every step that is taken the entire way is filled so much with her.





Dear mom,
I am not always certain of much in this life, but one thing I will always know is how proud I am to be your daughter.
My life have been so blessed because you are my mother.
For you, I will always be grateful.
I love you~
Tiff




3 comments:

  1. Great post.....beautiful, beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every word you've said is exactly what I feel as well. Sending you love. Especially today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said. Loving thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete