Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reading...Writing...and dragonflies....

This is the story of how I found the current book I am reading...
A woman came in to my work and commented on my dragonfly necklace/locket I wear every day that holds photos of my beautiful mom.
She then told me that she loves dragonflies and had a tattoo of one, which she showed me (which I am still considering and it was on her should near where I would want mine). I asked her if she knew the meaning of dragonflies because I had lost my mom and that is why they became so important to me.
She then told me of a Memoir called "Paula" by Isabelle Allende that I should read... so I ordered it the very next day.
Oddly enough this all coincides with a decision I made recently to take a writing class called "Write Your Story". A class on writing a memoir, which I have been considering ever since I started to connect so much with writing, and how much it has become such a big part of my healing journey...
It makes me wonder sometimes if the right things are put in front of you just screaming at you to listen.
How many of those things do we pay attention to?
How many do we ignore?



3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love your locket so much!
    Can't wait to see where your writing journey takes you!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that dragonfly necklace....how cool! When my sister died, my Dad gave all his daughters a locket with a picture of our sister in it - so special! I am impressed that you are writing your own memoirs!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, writing your own memoirs! You will have to let me know how you get along - I love your locket by the way. When I lost my Dad I bought a silver bracelet to add charms on, unfortunately up to now I've yet to find that perfect charm but I will one day. He used to be a lorry driver so I'm looking for a lorry charm!
    Hope all ok! xox

    ReplyDelete