Saturday, September 18, 2010

Knitting and Reading ~ ROCK!

I can feel fall in the air~ and it is bitter sweet. I actually love fall, but winter on the other hand....Hmmm, I am hoping I can find some outdoor things to do in the Winter to help me get through it with a smile on my face~ Anyone ever tried snowshoeing?
I pulled out my knitting needles a few weeks ago and have made 4 scarves. A green one, but I forgot to take a photo of it before I sent it off as a gift~
The Orange one I did for my giveaway ~

and 2 purple ones for 2 of my closest friends...


Knitting is so peaceful and almost meditative for me. I love it...
I have also been reading this...


It is pretty good so far...
What projects are you working on?
What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. I looooove Water for Elephants. I really liked the characters and was so intrigued by the behind the scenes looks into the circus.
    Your scarves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarves! My niece just taught me the invisble cast on (good for hats) and I am working on a blue hat for my son. And some art squares for a swap, collage cards for a class, stacked up snowmen, elves with driftwood canes, three tablerunners, snowmen in a quilt, and umpteen dozen things for my Sale in November. And I'm reading "Good Time Girls of the Alaska-Yukon Gold Rush". I bought it on a recent trip home and am loving it. Thanks for asking! Glad to be back - I have missed seeing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way! that's the next book on my list! hope its good (ive heard it is!)
    -kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful scarves (I love the purple, of course). I've thought about adding that book to my list, but I have to finish Pride Prejudice and Zombies first. My package arrived, and everything was perfect. Your package is on its way - a little delay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scarves are gorgeous! I've wanted to knit for ages!
    I'm back to making more patchwork quilts (3 in as many weeks!!) & have started reading pride & prejudice :)
    Hope you have a great week lovely
    x

    ReplyDelete