Saturday, May 8, 2010

"my cup runneth over"....

What an incredible day~This past week I was talking with one of my best friends about Mothers Day coming up and I was telling her that I know I am going to have a very hard time...We were brainstorming about things I could do to help make it through. She mentioned that she and her mom, (A 6 year breast cancer survivor) were doing the Susan G Komen walk for a cure today, so I knew that I wanted to sign up and walk with them. My mom did not have breast cancer, she died from brain cancer~ But Cancer is cancer and it affects so many people and takes the lives of such amazing people from all of us every day. I wanted to be surrounded by my family and friends this weekend and celebrate life...The lives we have left to live and the lives of the people who are no longer with us.
I did not anticipate the overwhelming emotions I would get by joining so many people on this walk today. WOW~ What an incredible experience.
My heart is full...Of life, love and kindness shown to me by so many people every single day...
Thank you for being part of my journey in this life....
~Tiffany
I am Rena's Daughter and I am so proud to have walked with her in my heart today~

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad you had a wonderful experience! I'm so happy your little package arrived at the perfect time. I love when that happens. =) Glad you liked it! (To answer your question, I don't know what the meaning of it is to you but I'd love to hear!!!) Sending you big hugs this weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy to hear you had a such a lovely day! xo, stina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so amazing Tiffany! No doubt your Mom is beyond proud of you. You're stronger than you think my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so great. im glad that today wasnt bad. youre in my thoughts and prayers especially today. hope you are having a wonderful sunday.
    much love,
    kel

    ReplyDelete
  5. You completely ROCK! Not only because of the person you are, but because of the person you are becoming. I love coming to this blog because I always leave feeling like I had a little visit with a dear friend. :) Way to go on this walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so awesome Tiffany!!! I wish I was there so I could have walked with you!! I hope you have a great day! Loves!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to do this. I NEED to do this. Thank you for sharing your experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete