Sunday, August 19, 2012

...3 years...

It has been 3 years...3 years....It seems so strange to me that it has been that long since I have gotten to see my beautiful mom, talk to her, hear her laugh.  I miss her very much. 
The other day I was driving and saw an old truck and started to reach for my phone to call her and let her know. She loved old trucks and she would take pictures of them and paint them.  It was such a strange feeling to realize that I am still reaching for the phone to call her sometimes.  Oh how I wish I could.
I miss her laugh. I miss her wisdom and advice. 
Today we will spend the day together as a family, enjoying the sunshine, telling stories, laughing and probably crying.  
Today is a day to be together and honor the life that she lived, and the lives that she gave to each of us~ It is a day to be grateful for her and for each other!
She is loved and missed as much today as every other day.

Life is so busy and filled with so much that when you really take a few minutes to think and reflect it becomes heavier than one person can handle. There is such a huge weight and an extreme void in life without her here. Honestly, it just sucks! No profound words there, just truth.
Mom,
We love you and miss you so very much~
I am so grateful to be your daughter!
Love, Tiff

7 comments:

  1. Hey lady,
    I'm thinking of you today and sending you the biggest mental hugs in the world. You're so beautiful and your mom would be so proud! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and comfort to you today...

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying today was so very special. Praying you felt her comfort and Gods peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was Mark Twain who once said that grief is like a house fire - it takes years to discover just how much you've lost.

    Thinking of you and praying for you....sending you lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww sweetie.... my heart is certainly aching for you. I feel you pain. Sending you love and prayers, and tons of light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww sweetie... I feel your pain. My heart is aching for you. Sending you love and light, prayers and positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart breaks for you. I think about you and your mom often. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete